Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Industry "Expert"?

I just saw a Press Release touting a new book on timeshare authored by someone who claims to be an industry expert.

Having authored or co-authored three books myself, I was curious to see what this book was all about and who the author was.

My first clue that something was not quite right came when I saw books about everything BUT timeshare on the site including a book on dating! Then, when I finally found the book on timeshare, I was instructe to "click on (name of author)" to find out more. Weird, but OK.

I had to first go through a lengthy preamble by someone who also claims to be an industry expert. Expert except for the fact timeshare was in quotes as if it were a strange word of some sort.

Obviously, this guy has some good PR...he got himself mentioned in an industry trade magazine that I have yet to crack...but a timeshare expert? I don't think so.

If you want to know about the timeshare business, then you should read "Timeshare Management-The Key Issues For Hospitality Managers." If you've never been to a timeshare presentation, or are about to go on one, then you should read "Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table." And if you want to find out more about owning and using a timeshare, then you should read "Timeshare Vacations For Dummies", this blog and join a timeshare owners group.

No comments: