Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Note About Ads

I was doing my timeshare research thing morning, checking out various site with various people making various complaints about various timeshare entities.

I got to one page, the name of which I won't bother posting, which has a tagline of "Knowledge is Power." I was reading some of the complaints on the site when my eyes wandered up to the top of the site. Now, this site looked very official...even having some material from the Attorney General of a midwestern state on it.

To quote Clement Moore, "but what to my wandering eyes should appear..." there were ads placed by Google on the site. And some of the ads were for the very same entities that certain of the complaints mentioned!

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to SEO, linking to other sites to increase my ranking in Google or even making money from what I do.

But I believe strongly in remaining independent. That's why you won't see any ads on my webiste, www.timeshareinsights.com. You can't remain independent and have the trust of consumers if you do. And independence and consumer trust is ALL Timeshare Insights has.

Thanks for your support.

No comments: