Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Yet Another Abysmal Upsell

I couldn’t make these up. 

Help please.  My 88 year old father and his 80 year old wife keep getting sold Points at Diamond Resorts.  Recently my dad said he gave them another $30,000 so he could get out of any more obligations, and so he could use his points to pay his annual dues.  He was confused when the nice man we called just told him that isn’t what he signed at all.  He now has 100,000 points, owes $158k and has over $13k due annually in maintenance fees.  In June they opened a Barkley’s charge account which is charged $4,800 a month for loan payments.  This is money my folks need for their in home care and I don’t know where to turn.  I will file complaints that you have in the files section but need to know if I can cancel the credit card or do I need to be in good standing to get the contracts cancelled and hopefully refunded?  We are in California and I heard there is a triple damages statute or something for elder abuse.   Should I get an attorney involved? I have the paperwork, but it all looks like gobblety-goop and intentionally confusing.  I would be appreciative of guidance. Thank you so much

No comments: