Monday, August 13, 2018

More Despicable Sales Practices

I’m so freaking tired of hearing these stores. I’m so freaking tired of consumers being scammed. I’m so freaking tired of law enforcement and regulators turning a blind  eye to these practices. 

Today’s hideous story tells of a veteran being scammed. I’m positive that this was not a one off, I’m positive it’s SOP for these guys. I hope you’re as upset as I am. 

Again, I’ve redacted the name of the developer. Why?  They’re on the warpath and from what I hear, they’re out to sue anyone and everyone who sheds light on their horrible ways of doing business. 


So I have a story that I'm sure you have all heard a thousand times. I'm just digging into everything and am realizing I got hustled. 

We purchased our initial membership in January and went to the NAME REDACTED resort during Easter. We went to our meeting and were given the upsell to upgrade. We initially were done and about to walk out when the guy who gave us our update came back and told us that we were part of a veteran's program and eligible to purchase a previous vets account since he had defaulted on it and that this was similar to a short sale. 


We were still out until he stated that the account had equity in it already (red flag I know now) and if there was ever an emergency situation we could sell it back to NAME OF DEVELOPER for the equity amount. I'm now finding out that that was a complete lie. What are our recourse's in situations like this? Who can I file a complaint with? I live in California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Inside Timeshare receives stories such as this on an almost daily basis. The industry needs to get its act together.