Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We've Been Remiss

We apologize for the delay in posting on this blog.  Timeshare Insights is going through a bit of an identity crisis as of lately.

I've taken on the role of "The Timeshare Crusader" and decided early on that I would NOT sell, rent, buy, broker, list or represent any timeshare or any timeshare company.

Unfortunately, as an independent timeshare consultant and educator, that means that the money is shall we say, slow to arrive.

Making matters worse, there are some other companies and organizations out there that proport themselves to the public as consumer advocates and educators, but who make their money buying and selling timeshare.  To me, this seems like a clear conflict of interest, but as we've come to expect, consumers are easily fooled when it comes to timeshare matters.

While is it NOT all about money, there are bills to be paid.  So, the identity crisis I'm going through right now is a simple one...should Timeshare Insights continue, or should we give up after nearly 6 years?

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your revenue problems but it's hard to figure out how to get a revenue stream from blogging. There's a few (very few) people who make a living blogging. Most need another gig.

Writing books isn't very profitable unless you are Stephen King.

I agree with you, if you want to blog about the troubles with timeshares and the fraud perpetrated by the companies involved that might not bring in the bacon. That said, I blog about those in much stronger terms than you do, I think you use a lot of restraint. I don't try to do it for a living.

It does seem like a conflict. I don't have a solution. You need another gig if you wanna do this.