Timeshare owners around the country continue to experience some confusion as to who RCI is and what RCI does…and doesn’t do.In an attempt to clear up this confusion and save owners time, aggravation and in some cases, thousands of dollars, here is an essential primer.
First of all, RCI is an exchange company. They facilitate the exchange or trade of one timeshare to another in a network of nearly 4,200 resorts worldwide. Timeshare owners typically pay an annual membership fee to RCI as well as an exchange/trade/usage fee. RCI does not sell timeshares.Many timeshare owners have been swindled out of thousands of dollars by not fully understanding what RCI does and what they don’t do.
Here’s a quick guide to assist:
* RCI does not sell timeshare
*RCI does not set or charge resorts’ annual maintenance fees
* RCI does not set or charge resorts’ special assessments
* RCI can not and does not arbitrarily change the number of points in your account
* RCI does not cold call in an attempt to sell vacation packages
* RCI does not cold call with invitations for “informative meetings” at a local restaurant, hotel, meeting room or any place else
* RCI does not buy timeshare nor facilitate in the transfer of any timeshare
If you have questions or doubts when you are contacted by a company claiming to be RCI, don’t do anything at all before checking with your home resort and Timeshare Insights for verification.