Monday, August 29, 2011

Five and Almost 10 With...Alain Carr

Today we meet Alain Carr, President of CARE (Cooperative Association for Resort Exchangers).

What was your first job in timeshare?
My first exposure to timeshare was working as a sales representative for Lifetime Vacations. We were selling the Royal Kuhio on the island of Oahu. Our store was offsite, actually located in the western suburbs of Chicago.

What is the best lesson that you have ever been taught?
One of my favorite lessons that I have learned in my life is that the man than can teach ten to work is greater than the man that can do the work of ten.

What is your favorite vacation destination?
I would to say that my favorite vacation ever was visiting Austria with my mother and children. My mother lives just outside Munich si we picked her up and headed down just past Salzburg and it was magnificent. My little girls who were just 4 and 6 at the time came back with real life knowledge that castles really DO exist. And once upon a time there were kings and queens and little princesses.

If you could change one thing about the timeshare industry, what would it be?
I would change the resale industry. So many use such negativity to take a desperate family’s rights from them, sometime costing thousands of dollars which poisons the waters for anyone to sell or resell anything. Al it has always been true, but especially now in his economy, the best thing you can do with your timeshare is use it.

 What is your favorite color?
My favorite has to be red.  It represents passion and it gets attention.

Thanks Alain.  If you would like to be featured in this segment, drop us a line at lisa@timeshareinsights.com 

No comments: