Thursday, September 16, 2010

Musings For A Thursday

Some things that have been running through my brain after spending some time at THETRADESHOW the past few days:

1) Why don't timeshares have a "loyalty program" whereby at some point, say after two visits to the same resort in a year they don't try to snag you for a timeshare presentation?

2) With all the timeshares that are facing financial difficulty and even filing bankruptcy, the public is more worried than ever before. These companies need to hire someone who can speak to the owners without sounding like a salesperson. Just saying.

3) I wonder if this ever happens to a hotel property---I attempted to send a Press Release to a Chicago area publication yesterday. It kept bouncing back. After speaking personally with the editor, I sent it from my personal e-mail address and it went through with no problem. The issue was NOT the Press Release, which was not spam, it was my e-mail address. The publication had a "spam filter" for anything coming with the word "timeshare" in the address. Says a lot, doesn't it?

4) The Midwest Chapter of the National Timeshare Owners Association had to cancel their planned meeting for this Sunday due to low attendance. Only eight (8) people had signed up! What is going on here? Even if every single timeshare owner was ridiculously pleased with their timeshare, don't you think that they would want to show up for a meeting where they could learn something? I mean, I am really happy with my new iPhone 4, but that doesn't stop me from showing up to a meeting where I can learn more. Timeshare owners, please weigh in on this one.

No comments: