Friday, July 19, 2019

Where Do You Get Your Timeshare Information From?

Where do you get your information from?  

Remember that ANYONE can start a social media or blogging site. ANYONE.  

Here’s the informational heading for a blog that I recently found:

Welcome to my blog which offers growing exposure for your travel needs. Some of the followers include Actors, Actresses, Authors, Editors, Dr.'s and Realtors and Travel Lodges, Bed and Breakfasts, Hotel, Motel, Inns, Campsites, and more. 

Does this sound like someone you’d feel comfortable with getting any advice, much less timeshare advice from?

She puts this at the top of her blog:

Buy Timeshare, Rent Timeshare, Sell Timeshare,Timeshare Deed Trade Ins, Timeshare Mortgage Cancellations, Timeshare Giveaways, Campground Memberships, Travel Club Memberships.

Her last “post”, which was nothing more than a listings was this gem:

Westgate Grand Villa Townouse 4 bedroom 4 bathroom Lock out unit Bldg# 5600 & 5700 Annual Use Sale Price: $39,999

What’s my point?  My point is that you need to be selective in where you get any information from, including timeshare information. I include my own blog in this. I’m not THE EXPERT and I don’t pretend to be.  I write what I know and when I’m wrong, I’ll admit it. 

More importantly it’s been my experience in being involved in the timeshare industry that anyone who buys, sells, rents, or promises to get you out of a timeshare is not the best place to get unbiased information just as the timeshare salesperson at the resort is not the person you want to rely on for unbiased information. 

Sadly, most experts aren’t. Don’t fall into their traps. 

No comments: