Wednesday, December 28, 2022

It’s The End Of The Year…Onward!

 For my last post this year I present you with the latest communication piece that I co-wrote with ARDA, the trade association representing this timeshare industry  

My detractors on one side will yell and scream and wring their hands saying that I’m a sell out and that I’m no longer a consumer advocate but a mouthpiece for the timeshare industry. 

My detractors on the other side will yell and scream and wring their hands saying that they’re pure as the driven snow and claim that the consumer is to blame for all misunderstandings. 

They’re both wrong. I have maintained from the start that I don’t feel one side is right and one side is wrong. There’s enough bad behavior on both sides. I also don’t feel that timeshare is a win/lose proposition. I think at its essence, it’s a great product for the right people. 

And while I feel strongly that the industry could do a much better job of taking care of owners who, for one reason or another are done with their timeshare, I think we can all agree that the cottage industry of scammers taking advantage of those owners needs to be shut down. 

Step one is letting consumers know the truth about contracts, those scam companies and what they can do to avoid getting scammed. 

So, here’s the piece that I’m proud to have cowritten with ARDA:

https://www.arda.org/4-things-understand-about-exiting-your-timeshare-contract

Here’s to a better new year for everyone. 

Peace. 

No comments: